2018 International Fastener Expo projecting strong participation from both attendees and exhibitors due to a centralized location and new conference space. Take a look at 2018 events, offerings and highlights.
International Fastener Expo (IFE), the largest industrial fastener show in North America, is now its 37th year of operation. This year’s trade show, held October 30, 2018 through November 1, 2018, will take place at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center. The new venue allows the conference to offer many expanded programs for its 5000 attendees and 850 suppliers.
New & Elite Vendors
IFE is a renowned event and draws top fastener manufacturers from all over the world. Notable newcomers this year are Sidasa Engineering from Grass Lake, MI, Sidasa is one of the world’s leading integrated surface treatment company, specializing in developing and manufacturing a wide range of chemical specialties for multiple industries around the world. Thermosleeve-USA from Cerritos, CA, specializes in heat shrinkable products that are widely used in the aerospace, automotive, communications, constructions, electrical, military, oil, and utility markets. Rust-X USA from La Mirada, CA, specializes in corrosion prevention products such as RUST-X – Anti Corrosion Products and Industrial Lubricants, NEUTRASAFE – Rust Removers, ZORB-IT – Moisture Control Desiccants, PARKER – Automotive Lubricants, and AQUAFLUSH – Industrial Cleaning Agents. Berliss Bearing Company from Livingston, NJ, a fourth generation, family-owned corporation that manufacturers and distributes roller bearings, mechanical seals and custom engineered bearing products.
Among the returning suppliers is Whitford Corporation from Elverson, PA, a manufacturer of the largest and most complete line of high-performance fluoropolymer and ceramic coatings in the world. SECO/Warwick Corp from Meadville, PA, known for their rotary retort furnaces specifically designed for continuous, uniform heat treating of small parts, including coins, hardware, nails, bearings, chain components, nuts, bolts and screws. Forest City Technologies, Inc. from Wellington, OH, specializes in Thread Coatings, Injection Molding, Metal Stamping Seals, and Diecut Foam.
IFE Opens Half Day Early to For New Offerings
This year, the show is opening a half-day early on Tuesday, October 30, 2018 from 1:00-4:00 pm to allow exhibitors to meet with vendors in the Machinery & Tooling and Source Global sections in order to not disrupt their day-to-day business once the show opens to attendees. The half-day will conclude with an evening reception and networking event held for all attendees and exhibitors at Daylight Pool, located at the Mandalay Bay hotel. The reception will be held from 6:00-8:00 pm and will feature a live entertainment and DJ, two hours open bar, light appetizers, and a cigar rolling station.
2018 Sessions and Workshops
Educational sessions begin on Tuesday, October 30, 2018 and go through Thursday, November 1, 2018. Day 1 conference sessions are located on the 3rd floor of the Mandalay Bay Convention Center.
Tuesday, October 30, 2018
- Fastener Technology Workshop – 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Sponsored by FTI, presenter Bengt Blendulf will focus on the practical aspects of working in the fastener industry. Attendees will learn how to respond to technical questions from engineers and technicians and how to find the appropriate answers. The workshop is designed to enhance fastener use, reliability and safety by providing fastener product and technical training at all levels. Registration fee is $399 before September 16, 2018. Price will increase to $499 after September 16, 2018.
- Controllers, Accounting, Credit & Accounts Receivable Managers Meeting – 9:00 am to 3:00 pm. Presenter Darryl Rowinski, President of BCMA, will discuss maximizing cash flow, the financial implications of sales agreements, providing effective customer financial services, proper determination of credit limits and prudent risk management.
- Leadership vs. Management – 3:30 pm to 5:00 pm. All organizations have management and all organizations have leadership. The positions are held by individuals who are charged with helping the organization to meet its goals and achieve success. The challenge for both the individual and the organization is to understand and equip themselves with information, knowledge and skills to perform both functions effectively. This session will review the key activities needed in both situations, summarize the characteristics of the successful individual in each role and discuss how the organization can support the individuals.
New 30-Minute Expert Sessions
On Wednesday and Thursday, IFE will be hosting 30-minute learning sessions at “Sessions Corner” located on the main conference floor. These short presentations will be expertly lead by industry professionals. This year’s topics include:
- Let’s Talk E-Commerce: The Challenges, Benefits And Need-To-Know For Distributors
- 3D Printing for Manufacturers: Opportunities for Implementing Additive Technologies
- The Basics of Thread Rolling
- How to be Present & Productive as a Leader When There is Never Enough Time
- Environmental Impact with Coating Changes
2018 Awards and Ceremonies
On Wednesday, Oct 31, 2018, IFE will hold its annual Award Ceremony at 2:30 pm to 3:30 pm at the Sessions Corner, located on the show floor. Both the Hall of Fame and Young Fastener Professional winners will be presented at the award ceremony. The 2018 Hall of Fame winners are industry veterans and thought leaders Bob Sachs of KL Screw Corp and Robbie Gilchrist of Capital Marketing. The winners of the Young Fastener Professional award are Peggy Hsieh and Jun Xu of Brighton-Best International.
On Thursday, November 1, 2018 from 10:30 am to 11:30 am, the Young Fastener Professionals (YFP) will host “Speed Networking” event on the show floor at the “Beer Garden” area in the Machinery & Tooling section, Booth #1175. The Speed Networking event will be conducted in a “Round Robin” format which will enable quick, focused opportunities for young fastener professionals to potentially meet with companies to enhance their career and business.
2018 BYOD Hosted Program
The “BYOD” program is designed for exhibitors to nominate distributors they want to see at the show that have never before attended. Exhibitors can nominate as many as they want and if the individual qualifies and is selected, IFE will host them on the behalf of the exhibitors. Distributors will receive free admission to the expo, as well as a complimentary two-night hotel stay at the Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino. Space is limited. Nominations are now open. Learn about the BYOD program here.
About International Fastener Expo
The International Fastener Expo (IFE) is the largest and most diverse gathering of fastener and industrial professionals in North America. Founded in 1981 it serves all reaches of the supply chain, from manufacturer to distributor to end user, and features nearly 70 product categories. With over 850 suppliers and more than 5,000 attendees from 30+ nations, the International Fastener Expo delivers industry‐leading content and facilitates vital industry connections at their annual three‐day show in Las Vegas, Nevada, the entertainment and trade show capital of North America.
Register early and save $15. Registration is $50 until September 15th at fastenershows.com.