Planning on attending International Fastener Expo this year? IFE, staging at Mandalay Bay, Las Vegas, September 21 – 23, 2021 attracts more than 5,000 attendees every year to network, learn and discover the latest products and services across the fastener and industrial product industry.
If you have IFE 2021 on your calendar, you’ll want to take full advantage of the opportunity to learn more about new products and suppliers, network with colleagues, build and maintain valuable relationships and do some serious business. Read on to learn how you should prepare to get the most out of the show.
- Come prepared to do business on the show floor
- Take advantage of all the events and activities off the floor
- Make new connections with fastener industry players from around the world
Doing Business on the Floor
The expo floor at IFE 2021 will feature hundreds of exhibits from key names in the industry such as Brighton-Best International, Stelfast, Nucor Fasteners, Star Stainless and Copper State Bolt and Nut. Thousands of your pees walk the floor every day of the show, holding meetings, attending conferences and just gathering information on products of interest. How can you best prepare to beat the crowds?
Spending one or more days walking the show floor an be grueling. You need to come well-rested and prepared to do business, which means assembling all the supplies you need ahead of time. You should consider bringing:
- Backpack or bag to hold all the literature you collect. It’s better than grappling with multiple plastic bags.
- Business cards and organizer with your email address and website link. Every representative of every booth will want to take your card and hand you one of theirs.
- Comfortable shoes. Comfort is more important than looks when you’re on your feet from sun up to sun down.
- Healthy snacks. You can’t subsist on trade show hot dogs.
- Informational materials about your company
- Portable charger and cable for your phone. Your phone will run out of juice by mid-afternoon.
Make the Best Use of Your Time
While you could spend the entire show wandering from aisle to aisle, it’s better to have a more detailed plan of attack.
- Schedule all essential meetings ahead of time. Don’t stack meetings too closely together. You’ll need ample time to navigate the aisles to get to the next meeting, and meetings always run longer than scheduled. Make sure all your key suppliers are included.
- Consult the show directory to determine which exhibits you must visit. Plan out how to most efficiently visit these booths, taking into account any meetings you may have scheduled.
- Allow yourself some free time to just cruise the floor. You never know what new opportunities you may stumble across!
Check back to fastenershows.com for the latest information on how you can prepare to maximize your time at the show!
Beyond the Show Floor
What you see on the show floor is only a fraction of what’s happening at International Fastener Expo. There are lots of side activities that can prove beneficial, both in terms of educating yourself and making new connections.
International Fastener Expo will kick off with a welcome reception on Tuesday, September 21 at 6 – 8 pm at the Daylight Pool. Meet and mingle with old friends and create new industry connections.
You can also expect a variety of breakout sessions focused on trending topics such as new technology, industry trends, testing and inspection, growing sales and more. These sessions are led by fastener industry experts.
Celebrate professionals who have made significant contributions to the fastener industry during the annual awards ceremony at IFE 2021. The Hall of Fame recognizes professionals who have made lasting inputs to the fastener industry on a national or global scale, including but not limited to inventors, business leaders, educators and more. The Young Professional of the Year is awarded to professionals, aged 40 or younger, who already have an unimpeachable record of integrity and respect in the fastener industry. The awards are administered by the International Fastener Expo selection committee, and are selected based on the merit of the nominee, not by the number of nominations.
Join fellow members of the fastener industry for some friendly competition on the course. The fun takes place on Tuesday, September 21, at 8 – 12 pm PST at Bali Hai Golf Club.
Not all the action takes place on the show floor. Drop in at the hotel lounge and you’re sure to find some of your friends and colleagues having a drink and catching up with each other. There’s no good reason to spend an evening alone when there are always people to meet somewhere.
Put International Fastener Expo on Your Calendar Today
Exhibitors and attendees alike use International Fastener Expo to build new relationships and strengthen existing ones, face-to-face. It’s much better than sitting in your office Zooming or exchanging emails. You get to meet the people you deal with and get to know them, personally.
Attending International Fastener Expo is a must if you’re looking to expand your business and make new connections. The 2021 show is scheduled in-person September 21-23 at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas. There’s no better way to see the entire industry and its key players all in one place. Plus, you get to get out of the office and have a good time – and there’s nothing wrong with that!
Registration is open now for International Fastener Expo – coming to Las Vegas September 21-23!